ISSUE #6 DIRTY WATER
Rainwater, stormwater, graywater and blackwater are being treated with increasing frequency as important resources. Designers and artists, together with engineers and agencies, are highlighting the presence of water reuse in our communities through creative expression, interpretation, and the visible additions of green infrastructure. There are inspiring examples from around the world to motivate us to join efforts with our colleagues and our communities to make an impact and to celebrate water.
WEAD seeks submissions for the upcoming issue of the WEAD magazine from artists working with “dirty water” projects. We invite you to submit a proposal for a magazine article of your work.
- An outline or description of the proposed article of no more than 1000 words.
- Three images of the project(s)
- Author biography and your CV (if available)
- If previously published, send complete article with published information.
June 23: Proposals due to firstname.lastname@example.org
First week of July: Notification of acceptance.
September 1st: Completed articles with photos due.
ARTICLE SPECIFICATIONS (if accepted)
- 2,000 to 3,000 words in WEAD format (will be sent to accepted authors)
- 10 or more excellent 200kb jpg photos for article
- 10 photos of Author’s artwork and artist statement for WEAD artist listing
The articles chosen will appear in the next WEAD Magazine Fall/Winter 2013, and authors will receive a complimentary one-year membership to WEAD and $100 honorarium.