- BEAR, oil on linen 40x42"
- BOAT AND FISH,oil on linen, 40x40"
- WATERFALL, oil on linen, 40xx40"
- BEAR IN BOAT, oil on linen, 48x40"
- BOAT AND STARS, oil on linen, 48x38"
- ICE SHANTY, oil on linen, 42x40"
- MOOSE RUNNING, oil on linen, 40x38"
- RABBIT, oil on panel, 24x18"
- BROWN BEAR, oil on linen, 20x20"
- TIED BIRCHES, oil on linen, 40x40"
- RED TREES, oil on linen, 48x42"
- GARDEN, color pencil on watercolor, on paper
I was raised in the north woods of Baraga County, Michigan. In 1998 I returned after a lifetime away: an MFA from the University of Iowa, time spent in New York City, and having teaching jobs at 6 different universities across the country, showing my work nationally and internationally, getting awards, having residencies including two at national parks, publishing books, work in collections nationally and internationally. Now I am painting full time in my studio in this remote town in the Upper Peninsula, and my work is about this place, its endangered status, about protecting it, my love for the TREES, ROCKS. WATERFALLS, LAKE, the ANIMALS, the WILDERNESS.