- "Journey" olive wood, rattan, washi. 20 x 16 x 6 inches
- "Neptune's Folly" juniper wood, washi, rattan, woven sisal, paper pulp. 42 x 22 x 16 inches
- "Haiku" olive wood, rattan, linen thread, paper pulp, washi, ink. 40 x 13 x 9 inches
- "SeaandSand" juniper root wood, rattan, waxed linen. 54 x 22 x 10 inches
- Open Secrets, kozo, kakishibu, rattan, willow, river stones, beeswax, 28 x 12 x 9 inches, 2012
- Primordial Journey, washi, kakishibu, rattan, olive wood, beeswax, 30 x 13 x 11 inches, 2012
- Earth.Mother.Daughter, washi, kakishibu, encaustic medium, twine, rattan, olive wood, 36 x 16 x 10 inches, 2012
- Traveler, washi, willow, rattan
- Sky Barge, washi, rattan, willow, 72 x 26 x 18 inches
- Prayer House, madrone, bull kelp, paper pulp
- Precious Earth, willow
- RePose, Installation
- Papier Kayu, Installation
I create mixed media minimalist sculpture with a focus on the concept of ‘the spaces between’ exploring the perception of a landscape. What is it we, as humans, choose to see. The spaces between us and them, inside/outside. The space between contemplation and chaos. The sculptures I create are small installations made with rattan, foraged natural materials, Japanese style handmade paper, cast flax and silk roving fiber, embellished with mono-prints infused with lichen and sumi ink. The intention is to evoke a sense of place and one’s relationship to that place. To pause and reflect on the beauty within.
My work is ethereal in nature inspired by Asian aesthetics and philosophies of wabi-sabi (acceptance of transience and imperfection) and yugen (deep awareness). I have conducted papermaking and lantern making workshops in the Bay Area since the mid-90’s as well as participated in the Marin and Bolinas Open Studios. I am a seasoned American Craft Council and Mill Valley Fall Arts Festival exhibitor and exhibited my work with the Baulines Craft Guild and Pacific Rim Sculptors Group for many years before moving to the Southwest. Currently, I’m a member of WEAD.