- Founded Greenfield, CA Community Arts with families in farmworker communities
- 10 foot silk paintings on Marriage & Myth in Contemporary Culture, display is at Multicultural Festival, Salinas CA
- Commemorating 100 year city anniversary, I produced community book, and collaborative silk quilt
- Painted photo (& video) from Sea Changes ACT Project
- Founded art programs with Indigenous and Spanish speaking community
- Short summaries of past projects
SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE, ACTIVISM AND SUSTAINABILITY are core elements of my combined media art projects and teaching.
I specialize in intergenerational and collaborative community projects that include civic engagement, health, or social justice education. Project design includes: photography, painting, installation, sound, music and electronic arts, and Social Media.
* 30 years experience in collaborative interdisciplinary art in the Public Interest — example: www.matriot.org; large community participation projects www.firstnightmonterey.org ; and individual fine art www.kiracorser.com
* Projects supported by over $300,000 in grants
* Exhibited in 19 states including museums, galleries, universities, state capital buildings, congress and senate buildings in Washington, DC, universities, schools and libraries.
* current DIRECTOR of Sea Changes ACT- A collaborative project with scientists and artists on Climate Change/Plastic Pollution and Over Fishing – SITE: www.seachanges.org
SEE “SAVE THE EARTH (The Earth Bleeds) VIDEO produced with Erik Scott, projected on the front of the Monterey Conference Center, seen by over 5,000 online. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLP0vOB2mY0
* current CO-DIRECTOR of Posts for Peace & Justice – A collaborative project with One Billion Rising for Justice, showings & workshops on 2 coasts, Including: The Atlanta BeltLine, (President) Carter Center, National Center for Civil and Human Rights, First Night Monterey. California State University Monterey Bay & Columbus State University, GA.
VIDEO SUMMARY: http://youtu.be/ZVdLnZ5v9wU
* Master of Fine Arts -2006 John F. Kennedy University, Berkeley Annex
* Bachelor of Science in Journalism, – San Diego State University, with additional studies in photography, video & Educational Technology
* 10 years, head of Still Photography at KPBS TV and RADIO stations in San Diego
* 8 years teaching at CSUMB.- Social Justice in Human Communication, Service Learning in Earth Sciences, Visual & Public Arts, HCOM
* DIRECTOR of Arts and Education, Arts Council for Monterey County
Working collaboratively across disciplines and exploring visual literacy in communicating complex topics like Climate Change, Abuse, Immigration, Welfare, and Racism are core elements of my work.
EXAMPLES HERE: http://www.kiracorser.com/kira/socact.html