- Tuxedo, 60" x 72", oil and acrylic on canvas 2013
- Too Sexy for My Shirt, 60" x 72", acrylic on canvas 2008
- Fight or Flight, installation detail, de Young Museum 2006 (with Nancy Elliott)
- Way Out II, photomural, scales, 2001 (with Monica Bryant)
- Koi Fish XVII, 22" x 30", monotype 2015
Barbara Morris is an artist and writer based in Marin country. Born in Phoenix, Arizona, and raised in Southern California, she received her MFA. degree from UC Berkeley, in 1987. Her often narrative, figurative paintings are laced with feminist content and an undercurrent of dark humor.
Morris currently writes for Artillery and art ltd. magazines. Morris provided regular reviews and essays for Artweek magazine for ten years, seven of them as a contributing editor. She has taught painting and drawing to both children and adults, and has given talks on her work in gallery and college settings, as well as speaking on an artists’ panels. She has acted as solo juror for exhibitions at Cultural Arts Council of Santa Rosa, Art Works Downtown, San Rafael, and City College of San Francisco. Morris curated a show, Gravity, at WORKS/San Jose, in 2001.