- Punkaharju Central Finland Oil on canvas
- Yew Street Pond Bellingham, Washington Oil on canvas
- Birch / Clouds Alajarvi, Finland Soft Pastel
- Field Edison, Washington Oil on canvas
- Urban Tree / Lilac Finland Oil on canvas
- Ditch / Farm Conway, Washington Pastel
- Slough / Tree Skagit County, Washington Linoleum Print
- Winter Chuckanut Tree Blanchard, Washington Linoleum Print
- Beach Pine Pacific Ocean, Oregon Linoleum Print
- Clear Cut Forest Olympic Forest, Washington Linoleum Print
“My art evolves around land and trees — maybe because as a child that is where I found centering protection.
Having a strong bond with nature, as an adult I came to realize that I become overwrought when destruction is brought to the environment. Only in 1995, after many years of painting abstract ‘Diary Pages’, the land I love emerged through a gouache painting of an orchard titled ‘Healing Life’. Prior to this change of imagery, I had also been very active attending hearings about wetland filling, water pollution, and jet noise and had co-founded a collaborative local environmental newspaper.
Today, my decisions in using the imagery I select are spontaneous. Frequently it is the quality of light, air, or movement from wind that pulls me into the plein air art-making process. Doing so, I use hand-pulled linoleum printing, soft-pastel drawing, and oil painting.
Recording observations and expressing feelings through hand tools and color is integral to my life. Maybe this process is about working through chaos to calm. I do know that new understanding awakens.”