- Paving the Planet, 59 x 92", c2000
- Oklahoma City #2, 29x41", c1998
- Paving America, 29 x 41", c1996
- Marching Giants, 22 x 30", c1997
- The Warming, 29x41", c1996
I am an ecologically committed artist who goes to the wilderness for a time each year to paint, to look, to meditate, to be near the animals, the canyons, the waters and trees. Unlike the 19th century Romantic painters of nature whose subject seemed sublime, even eternal, our landscape may be “consumed” before this century ends. Does the artist simply adapt and paint pollution, disasters, extinctions etc.? I try to reflect this struggle and concern in my work.