CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
We are accepting submissions of any media type for our new global online media project Imagining Equality: Your Voices on Women’s Human Rights. Submissions of photography, video, audio, journalism, creative writing and more are accepted online through: 4/30/2014.
Be part of this extraordinary and important conversation. Submit your work online today!
ABOUT IMAGINING EQUALITY: YOUR VOICES ON WOMEN’S HUMAN RIGHTS
We are creating a new online exhibition exploring your perspectives on women’s human rights and your hopes for the future. What have been the greatest victories and challenges for women in your community? What rights are you fighting for? Do you feel equal? What kind of world do you dream of?
As the UN prepares to create a new set of international development goals, we want your voices and ideas to spark a global conversation about a new decade for women’s human rights. What issues should be at the forefront as we imagine a new future for the world’s women?
International Museum of Women is now part of Global Fund for Women in a bold move to increase global awareness and action on women’s rights. The merger brings together IMOW’s skills in awareness raising, online advocacy and digital storytelling with the Global Fund’s expertise in issues, grantmaking, and fundraising. This bold move evolves and strengthens our work to illuminate critical issues, tell important stories, and amplify the voices of women who might otherwise go unheard.
Artists, filmmakers, photographers, musicians, writers— we want to showcase your work in this exciting new online showcase! Contributions must be in English, and can come in any medium (see below for details). In addition, work must address a topic related to women’s human rights.
Your work and ideas could explore any aspect of equality and women’s human rights:
Explore these topics, or come up with your own.
Whatever the topic you choose, as part of your submission we ask that you complete the following sentence:
Equality is ….
Tell us what women’s human rights mean to you!
Imagining Equality will showcase the diverse experiences and creative ideas of women from around the world. Submitting your work provides the opportunity to share your creativity with our global audience of over 50,000 monthly visitors. Submitted work will be reviewed by our curatorial team, and selected submissions will be curated for inclusion in the online exhibition launching in June 2014. We invite you to share your stories and creativity!
HOW TO SUBMIT
Go to our submissions page and upload your work. More instructions are available at the link. If you have questions or trouble submitting, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SUBMIT EARLY: Don’t wait until the last minute! Earlier submissions will have a greater chance of being selected.
- DO YOUR BEST: Make your contribution look as good as possible. Edit and review to make sure it’s complete. If submitting text, include an image for visual interest. If submitting visuals, include a detailed description of each image, video, or piece of art.
- TELL THE WHOLE STORY: Provide context and background for your work. For example, if submitting artwork, share information about your methods and/or sources of inspiration. For photographs, tell us where, when, and why you took them.
- BE EASY TO REACH: Make it easy for us to contact you. Be sure to include an email address you check regularly in your submission.
- GET PERSONAL: Tell us about yourself by including a personal picture and short bio with your submission.
- WHAT TO SUBMIT: Get inspired! Visit MAMA: Motherhood Around the Globe and Muslima: Muslim Women’s Art & Voices for examples of work featured in our recent online exhibitions.